HIRMEOS - High Integration of Research Monographs in the European Open Science infrastructure
Standard Identifiers: So as to allow cross-linking and facilitate information retrieval, all the platforms will implement identifiers for Documents (DOI), authors (ORCID) and funders (Funder registry).
Certification service: A dedicated service will deliver certificates to the publishers based on their peer-reviewing procedure and the open license used.
Interacting: An online annotation application will allow for scientific exchanges between users and authors.
Discovering: A named entity recognition and disambiguation tool will improve the indexing and facilitate the discovery of new contents.
Measuring: Usage metrics will be standardized on all the platforms and enhanced by adding measures of downloads, citations and alternative metrics.
- At the University of Oxford, humanities benefit from an intense and constant interaction between cultural tradition and technological innovation. It was therefore with great expectations that the author of this post, profiting from the support of the Erasmus + programme
- HIRMEOS Hypervideo on OA Monographs As already announced, it was our intention to present the HIRMEOS project’s animation video as a hypervideo complemented at specific points by links to external resources and additional materials. The open source software FrameTrail
- On the Journal Bibliothek Forschung und Praxis you can find a paper by M. Bargheer and A. Bertino presenting the HIRMEOS project. Here the preprint in Open Access: https://edoc.hu-berlin.de/handle/18452/20016 ABSTRACT The peculiar position of the monograph in the range of
- Birgit Schmidt†, Andrea Bertino, Daniel Beucke, Helene Brinken, Najko Jahn, Lisa Matthias, Julika Mimkes, Katharina Müller, Astrid Orth and Margo Bargheer†, Open Science Support as a Portfolio of Services and Projects: From Awareness to Engagement. Publications 2018, 6(2), 27; https://doi.org/10.3390/publications6020027
- Dear readers, Welcome to the fifth edition of the HIRMEOS newsletter. The HIRMEOS newsletter keeps you updated about developments in the project High Integration of Research Monographs in the European Open Science infrastructure (HIRMEOS). In this issue: * Our new